3:49:00 AM

Oregon Meteor Fireball 02DEC2011

Email From:
James B.-Canby,OR:
I saw a very large bright low streaming light pass across the sky about 5:15pm or so from Canby, Oregon 97013. It was headed Westward. Just looked to see if there was any news about it but hav'nt been able to find anything posted anywhere. Hmmm It was huge and bright. Any info for me?
Thanks  Thanks James! Are there other witnesses to this event??? Please email a description to wxtx01@gmail.com Thank you!

Unnamed Reporter-Willamette Valley, OR:
Saw what looked like fireball or comet or meteor going from south to northwest in twilight sky dec 2 in the central willamette valley oregon

Natasha O.-Eugene, OR:
Hello! So excited others saw this as well! I live in Eugene and saw the beautiful greentailed fireball heading west at about 5:15pm(?). Seemed so slow moving at the time...
My roomie also saw it as he was driving home.
At first I thought it was a misguided firework from the PAC 12 game at Autzen Stadium about 3 miles away - but I quickly realized it was different!
Cheers!

Dean-Hillsboro, OR:
I was in Hillsboro just off hwy 26 & Cornell road driving west, Dec. 2nd I saw a big neon green meteor like object falling slowly from space at an angle I was looking South and it was falling from East to West, falling slowly the ball of green light grew bigger as it came closer and I was wondering how close it really was, I figured it was probably falling somewhere within 50miles it was hard to tell distance because it was large yet came down and seemed pretty close, I'd guess perhaps McMinnville area as a rough estimate.  I've seen strange things in the sky before, and thought to google this to see if anyone else wrote about it... the thing is I'm reading all of these posts about green balls of light falling down and everyone seems to be describing seeing the same thing around the same area... this is strange to me because most of them are from September 2011, and this was December 2nd 2011... I'm noticing a pattern here and thinking it does not seem random like a falling meteor to me; I'm thinking this could be a landing area.  Since this does not seem to be random \ because of the strange color, and locations seem to be the same, I'm thinking this is not just some random rock falling from space, but on the contrary I have a feeling this is from some form of intelligence.  "I also pondered operation blue-beam" but really I have no idea what is going on at all.

Sasha D.-Mt. Shasta, CA:
Yes! I saw this too at the same Time. I saw it going north from Mt Shasta, ca driving on the I-5. It fell behind a small mountain called black butte. I pulled over to see if anything had caught on fire or if there was an eruption from when it hit the earth. It looked like a massive shooting star or like a fireball/small meteorite. My
Uncle who Lives in shasta also Saw the same thing. WEIRD!!!

Kym J.-N. Portland, OR :
I wasn't sure what it was @ first around 515pm 12/02/11. It was the size of a quarter if one held it up in front of themselves! Big, bright & white, moving fast at an angle towards earth moving sw to west then went behind my view/curtain as I was sitting on a friends couch happening to be gazing out the window @ that particular moment. So cool & perfect timing. Reminding me once again of how fragile life is.

Darla P.-West Linn, OR:
I was driving SW on I205 approximately 5:15pm by West Linn, OR and saw a very large, white object shooting through the sky in the direction of Canby, OR.  It was like a shooting star, only much larger and slower.  It just seemed to "burn out" after a bit.  It was quite striking, and after I arrived home I asked my husband if he had seen anything on the news about it.  He said that he hadn't.  Please keep us updated with info...I'd like to know what it was! Thanks ~Darla P.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in Hillsboro just off hwy 26 & Cornell road driving west, Dec. 2nd around 5:00ish I saw a big neon green meteor like object falling slowly from space at an angle I was looking South and it was falling from East to West, falling slowly the ball of green light grew bigger as it came closer and I was wondering how close it really was, I figured it was probably falling somewhere within 50miles it was hard to tell distance because it was large yet came down and seemed pretty close, I'd guess perhaps McMinnville area as a rough estimate. I've seen strange things in the sky before, and thought to google this to see if anyone else wrote about it... the thing is I'm reading all of these posts about green balls of light falling down and everyone seems to be describing seeing the same thing around the same area... this is strange to me because most of them are from September 2011, and this was December 2nd 2011... I'm noticing a pattern here and thinking it does not seem random like a falling meteor to me; I'm thinking this could be a landing area. Since this does not seem to be random \ because of the strange color, and locations seem to be the same, I'm thinking this is not just some random rock falling from space, but on the contrary I have a feeling this is from some form of intelligence. "I also pondered operation blue-beam" but really I have no idea what is going on at all.

Anonymous said...

I saw it too! I was walking to the Duck game from where we parked and looked up at a perfect time. It streaked slowly and huge and bright orange through the sky!

Post a Comment