1:27:00 AM

Large Green Arizona Meteor Fireball 17OCT2011

Another AZ Green Fireball Reported To ELPALLSKY 17OCT2011...
***If you are searching for information about this fireball and/or witnessed it, please leave a report of what you saw at wxtx01@gmail.com Please include the date and time, the direction you were facing/driving, the direction in which the object moved (upper left to lower right etc.) approximate size and brightness compared to a full moon, color, any flashes, streaks, fragmentation and any sounds or delayed sounds such as sonic booms, hisses, sizzles etc. Thank you! Your information is vital to research/recovery efforts so please take time to report.***

Email From:
Chris V.-Scottsdale, AZ:
I just saw star exactly how you describe  I was at my parents house they live in north scottsdale buy scottsdale airport  scottsdale arizona what time was around 9:48pm. Was green with maybe a hint of blue  in the center  surrounded by an orange halo  I was facing west  maybe a little northwest  the direction it was traveling was south to north  it started hi in the atmosphere and died about 3 quarters away from horizon  it was only the second shooting star that was that big that I have seen  the other 1 was all orange around the beginning of the summer this year  as for the size I'm not an astronomer  but it was huge  if they say most shooting stars are the size of pebbles  I would say this was the size of a 747  but again I am not an astronomer  I saw it and I searched it online and saw your website  and sent you an email  I hope this helps     indeed! Thank you Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment