3:11:00 AM

Florida Meteor Fireball 17DEC2011

Email From:
Joe B.-Orlando, FL:
At dusk today, traveling on I-4 eastbound just south of downtown Orlando, spotted fireball in the east.  Duration of sighting about three to four seconds.  Large with clearly flaming tail, greenish color.  Small piece seemed to break off and burn out before large mass burned up and disappeared from view.  Direction was roughly south to north.  No other reports on local news yet.  Event witnessed by both my wife and me.

2 comments:

Melissa Bratlie said...

At approx. 1754 on 12/17/11, my husband and I witnessed a fireball falling from east directly over the ocean to west which was very bright but burned out quickly. I first thought that it was a shooting star but much closer, brighter and quicker than any shooting star I have ever witnessed before. We both saw it at the same time. I was wondering why no one else mentioned witnessing this. We were 1/4 mile south of 520 on A1A. Happy someone else saw it!!

Melissa Bratlie said...

At approximately 1754 on 12/17/11, my husband and I witnessed a fireball falling East to West, over the ocean, 1/4 mile South of 520 in Cocoa Beach. At first I thought it was a shooting star, but much closer, brighter and faster than any shooting star that I have ever seen before. We saw it at the same time and were were wondering why no one else has mentioned seeing it.

Post a Comment