8:54:00 PM

NC Fireball Reports & Inquiries To ELPALLSKY 27JAN2011
Raleigh, North Carolina arrived from google.com on "elp allsky:" by searching for january 27 2011 bright meteor. 
Chat Post To ELPALLSKY...Jan 27 2011, 6:39 PM Guest594 (guest): Raleigh NC between approx. 7:10 and 7:20 EST - saw 2! bright meteors (yellow/white color) that lasted much longer than usual in heavily light polluted sky. I was quite surprised to see two so bright over a short period.
E-mail From James in Charlotte: I witnessed the same thing in Charlotte between 7:10pm and 7:15 pm. I live 10 miles north of downtown and the meteor/fireball was incredibly bright even with all the light pollution in Charlotte. It was amazing because I heard a noise above me and when I looked up the fireball was streaking across the sky for a few seconds and then it had a small explosion at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment